Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Foodie

Aside from my usual smoothie for breakfast followed with a mid-morning snack, I had the best food day today!

My lunches are never boring.  You'll never catch me eating a ham & cheese sandwich (maybe the occasional salad with whatever scraps I can find in my fridge & pantry).  So for lunch, I had a grilled veggie sandwich with goat cheese.  Last night, my hubby grilled red peppers, zucchinis, and eggplant.  We sandwiched them up in a toasted panini bun with goat cheese.  YUM-MIRS!

Tonight, we had a late dinner at Terroni's new spin-off, La Bettola on the corner of Richmond & Adelaide (formerly Sushi Man).  I dunno if we were hungry or a little tipsy from the wine, but dinner was DEE-LISH!!!  We started off with deep-fried zucchini flowers stuffed with ricotta.  I've always wanted to try this dish and it was awesome.  :)  Then we shared a pizza with parmesan, stracciatella cheese, arugula and cherry tomatoes.  The crust was perfection - thin, light, and crisp.  The finale to our meal was Terroni's handmade gelato - chocolate hazelnut.  m-mmm ... :)

No, my day didn't stop there.  I had some leftover corn-on-the-cob from last night's bbq, and very ripe avocados.  I combined these ingredients with tomatoes, coriander, spring onion, lemon juice, and S&P and made a SICK salad for lunch tomorrw.  It ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment