Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Essence of Mir

My latest obsessions:

EARL GREY TEA
I used to hate it because of the bergamot, but now I love it!  My new favourite AM pick-me-up :)

RED COSMETICS
My fingernails and toenails are painted bright red.  Why not?  (It's hotter than blue or green.  What's up with that???)  Today, I even put on bright red lipstick.  I'm feelin' bold (or old).  I even bought a tiger print top a week ago ... oh crap, do I smell like a cougar???

BOOT CAMP
It takes place twice a week in the sketchiest park in TO, but that's part of the fun.  Watching pot-heads and trannies frolicking in the park.  The smell of weed as I'm lunging.  Should I watch that barefoot man throw his boot up in the tree or continue doing burpees?  Just when we thought we had seen it all, a man 20 feet away from us was throwing knives at a tree today.  Any other exercise would be boring compared with this.

BELLYDANCING
What more can I say?  It's so much fun!

ARUGULA & TUNA SALAD
I made this for lunch yesterday and today and it was sooooo good!!!  I was literally 2 inches from the plate as I shovelled the salad into my mouth in 5 minutes.  I don't bring a camera to work, so this is the closest picture I could find to my dish. 

Arugula, tuna, and bean salad

2 handfuls of "aroogoola"
8 grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 tablespoon goat cheese (I used 1/3 cup of gruyere cheese yesterday)
1 can of Clover Leaf yellowfin tuna in olive oil
2 tablespoons of homemade balsamic vinaigrette

Layer ingredients on a plate.  Grab a fork.  Position your mouth 2 inches from the salad.  Shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment